Let Your Voice be Heard

>> Saturday, July 5, 2008


Most people who know me will tell you that I am a pretty reserve person. The less attention I bring to myself the better. In my younger days, I was known for ducking behind people, slumping down in my chair, or sneaking out the back door at the mere mentioning or slither of the tongue to form an “S.” All right I’m exaggerating a little, yet this past weekend while watching my son play soccer, you couldn’t shut me up. I was totally oblivious as to who was looking at me, judging me, or wishing I would be quiet. There was a little boy out there who was doing his best to master the game of soccer, and I wanted him to know that someone sees his efforts, and appreciates the fact that he is playing his little heart out. When I finally came to my senses and realized I had gone from quietly sitting on the bench to shouting “You go D.J.” and giving two thumbs up on the sidelines, the still small voice of the Holy Spirit asked me: “Are you ready to let your voice be heard like that for God?”

For a moment I was taken aback by my thoughts, but then I realized that God wants that same passion in our hearts that we give to our loved ones, when we are cheering them on in their endeavors. You know, that boldness in acknowledging in public and in private who God is and what He sacrificed so that we might have life and have life more abundantly.

I am convinced that love, produces the fruit of boldness and strength. How else can you explain, people boldly quitting their jobs to do something they love and are passionate about; or women who have been given the strength to stay in dead relationships because love has them believing that things will get better; and have you every considered the possibility that it was God's love for us that gave Him the strength to lay down the life of His only begotten son?

Jesus says in John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." Because I love my son, a reserve person like me can lay down shyness and be the loudest person in the house. Because I love you, I am willing to be open and honest and share with you what God has shared with me. Because I love God, I am willing to boldly proclaim His name to the world. Do you love God enough to boldly proclaim His name to the world?

Your Call to Order...
If you struggle with sharing the gospel with others, get to know Jesus better. When you begin to understand and feel how much He loves you, you can not help but share. Just as my son will remember those times I cheered for him; God will remember those times we spoke up for what was right; led someone to Christ; and praised His Holy name.

Power Verses

"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching" (2 Timothy 4:2).

"The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice" (Psalm 37:30).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP