Life Do-Overs

>> Monday, March 23, 2009

Has there ever been a time when you just wanted to erase a portion of your life or do it over? There have been many times I wished life had do-overs, like the game show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” offers life lines. If I could just go back in time with the knowledge and wisdom I have today, I could fix those awful mistakes I made … and may be my life would be better today because of it.

I have talked to friends and family members who have lost their jobs during this economic disaster, and one of the recurring thoughts everyone has is: “I wish I had been a better steward of my money when times were good.” The sobering fact is: life doesn’t always offer do-overs, but Jesus Christ offer so much more (a clean slate, a fresh start, forgiveness, etc.). The same wisdom the Lord gave Joseph to prepare and assist thousands of people (in Egypt and the surrounding area) for and through seven years of famine is available to you and me. But be forewarned, this wisdom came to Joseph during one of the worse times of his life--he was in prison for a rape he did not commit.

I wish life could be wonderful for everyone, but to be totally honest with you, the most creative and inspirational times of my life came during some of the worse times of my life. The knowledge and maturity that I gained during those rough times exceeded what I gained from years and years of just living life.

The common denominator in the paragraphs above is “wisdom.” When we know better, most of us do better. What we tend to forget, is that Wisdom comes from God. We’ve put so much trust in man, and in the system (government), and very little trust in God, and the Spirit of God that is in us. When I spend too much money, my spirit lets me know. I start to feel bad about my purchase and I get a desire to return it-- even though the flesh wants to keep it.

God’s wisdom is invaluable. He’ll let you know when you’ve said too much, when it’s time to pull out of the stock market, when you should walk away, when you should buy, when you should sell, or when you should be still and listen for that still small voice of the Holy Spirit. God is faithful; He will never leave you, nor forsake you (Deut 31:6). Trust in Him during these tough economic times, and let his wisdom be your guide in all that you do.

Power Verses (from New King James Version):

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:10).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP