Chapter 2: More on Priorities

>> Sunday, February 13, 2011

Are you anything like me,… what you do first thing in the morning sets the tone for your entire day? That certainly rings true for me; if I miss time in prayer, I begin to feel frustrated, depressed, and or short-tempered. On the other hand if I make time for God, I normally feel as Moses felt when he uttered Psalm 90:14: I feel satisfied with God's mercy and loving-kindness.

In taking stock of my life this week, and answering the end of the chapter questions in chapter 2, once again my focus turned to praying over my priorities, and seeking God's presence and guidance regarding my priorities. I looked at what I valued, where my focus has been, what my goals were, who I spent most of my time with, and what I chose to do no matter how busy, tired or broke I was. I thought about relationships that I had forsaken all others for in the past, and relationships I currently feel the need to focus my time and energy on developing.

In re-evaluating my priorities in light of God's perspective, I was prompted to move "Health and Exercise" which was previously a "3" under Present to a "5" under God-Given. There were other adjustments that I was prompted to make, and that I plan to make, but the need to focus on my health stood out for me as I listened to God speak to me this week via a friend, through a busy life that often leaves me weary and worn out, and through the Word of God which says "[I was] bought at a price [Jesus death on the cross]; therefore [I should] glorify God in [my] body and in [my] spirit, which are God’s" (1 Corinthians 6:20).

Next Week's Goal: Read Chapter 3 or Step 3, and start chapter questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP